In honor of Veteran’s Day, OFCCP released a supplemental CSAL list containing 500 establishments selected for a VEVRAA Focused Review. This list was announced by Craig Leen at the National Industry Liaison Group (NILG) conference in August 2019. The supplemental VEVRAA Focused Review scheduling list can be found on OFCCP’s website.
VEVRAA focused reviews will include a comprehensive review of an establishment’s policies, procedures, and compliance as it related to VEVRAA. The reviews will also include an on-site investigation and interviews with managers responsible for EEO and VEVRAA compliance, as well as employees. OFCCP is also planning on evaluating accommodation requests to ensure protected veterans are not discriminated against in employment.
- OFCCP also issued scheduling methodology for the list, which outlined the following:
- The list was compiled from the pool of eligible establishments that remained available after the first scheduling list was developed;
- OFCCP removed all establishments with contracts expiring on or before December 31, 2019;
- OFCCP removed recipients of the FY 2018 Medallion Award from VETS for already demonstrating a strong commitment to hiring veterans;
- The refined pool of available establishments was ordered by employee count (high to low) within each district office; and
- OFCCP also indicated no parent company to have more than 2 establishments on the supplement list.
The scheduling methodology indicated that if a district office did not have enough establishments within its jurisdiction to meet its share of the scheduled establishments, OFCCP would assign additional establishments to another district office.
If you are on the scheduling list for VEVRAA focused reviews, DCI has resources to assist you.