OFCCP has a released a “Memorandum of Understanding” (MOU) detailing the respective commitments that OFCCP and the National Industry Liaison Group (NILG) will make in furthering compliance assistance. The tone of this memo is in keeping with the re-branding efforts in this newly transparent, collaborative, and cooperative OFCCP era.
Within 45 days of the effective date of the MOU, both OFCCP and NILG must designate three Liaisons to coordinate the implementation of the commitments set forth in the MOU. The Liaisons must meet at least semi-annually.
As part of the MOU, OFCCP and NILG have made several commitments, including:
- OFCCP leadership agrees to meet with the NILG Board once a year
- OFCCP agrees to participate in the NILG annual conference
- OFCCP agrees to make their representatives available to Local ILG for meetings & compliance assistance
- NILG, likewise, agrees to inform and encourage its members to attend OFCCP events and provide constructive feedback and engagement
- Additionally, both parties agree to further exploration of the usage and implementation of apprenticeship programs
The NILG is a non-profit organization that supports local Industry Liaison Groups across the country, which are comprised of small, mid-size and large federal contractors and subcontractors. If you are interested in getting more involved with your local ILG, or attending the NILG conference next year, please visit the NILG website for more information.
By Amanda Shapiro, Associate Principal Consultant, and Rachel Monroe, Associate Consultant, at DCI Consulting Group