In addition to its new directive on compensation, today OFCCP released a directive on its Affirmative Action Program Verification Initiative and its Contractor Recognition Program.
Here is an overview of each Directive:
Directive 2018-06 (Contractor Recognition Program) outlines the following initiatives:
- OFCCP is working on developing a recognition program that highlights contractor best practices;
- Implementing a contractor ‘mentoring program’;
- And that OFCCP will working with the Women’s Bureau, the Office of Disability Employment Policy, and other Department of Labor agencies.
Directive 2018-07 (Affirmative Action Program Verification Initiative) outlines the following initiatives:
- Development of a process whereby contractors would certify on a yearly basis compliance with AAP requirements.
- Inclusion of a criterion in the neutral scheduling methodology increasing the likelihood of compliance reviews for contractors that have not certified compliance with the AAP requirements.
- Compliance checks to verify contractor compliance with AAP requirements.
- Requesting proffer of the AAP by contractors when requesting extensions of time to provide support data in response to a scheduling letter.
- Development of information technology to collect and facilitate review of AAPs provided by federal contractors.
- OFCCP will prepare a public outreach and education campaign on this initiative.