On August 27, 2013, we reported that OFCCP had released the new regulations updating Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA). Today, those regulations have been published in the Federal Register (available here: Section 503 and VEVRAA). The rules become effective 180 days after publication, or on March 24, 2014.
We have several blog entries today related to the new regulations:
- Collection of Self-Identified Disability and Veteran Status: When to Start
- Section 503 & VEVRAA: Regulatory Effective Date vs. Compliance Effective Date
- What's NOT in the Final Rules of 503 & VEVRAA?
- Exactly What is a Hiring Benchmark?
- A Speculative Note on What the Future May Bring
- Department of Labor Called to Defend Final Rules to House Committee
We will continue to share new information about these regulations as it becomes available. Stay tuned...
by Dave Sharrer, M.S., Associate Consultant, DCI Consulting Group